Friday, September 14, 2007


OK, for those of you that know me you know that I finally, after years of avoiding the practice, have taken up the art of scrapbooking. I see so many neat layouts out there and mine aren't as "trendy" but I don't do the latest and greatest. I don't really care if the paper line and embellishments are "in" or totally out. I have always liked things for what they are. If I like them, then I am using them. End of story. I matched this color of paper with my mother's gorgeous hair. She was a pretty lady and I was a real surprise for her and my dad. She turned 40 the year I was born. Now, I am sure that she had to have wrung her hands a few times when she found out but she or my dad never let on that they did. Mom said I made her feel young again and Dad, well, he fell head over heels for me the instant I was born. I have an older sister Soni, 11 years older and an older brother Dick, 8 years older. So I really was the baby of the family and got a lot of attention but I always acted older for my age. Styles were a little edgy back then. Check out those curtains!! We had a lot of love in our home and I was really lucky to be born into such a wonderful family. Anyway, here I am with my Mommy and we both look pretty happy posing for my dad and his ever present camera.

No comments: