Friday, September 28, 2007

The Beauty of Autumn






I love autumn! It's only fault is that it is such a short season. I have heard some people say that they don't care for it, not because of the beauty but because it means winter is around the corner. I can't think that way. I am only thinking of the moment. What if winter never comes? You have spent all of your time worrying about what is next instead of taking pleasure in what is now and right before you. Autumn is full of color and smells and change. I think of gorgeous rusts, mossy greens, deep purple reds, bright golden yellows, rich chocolatly browns, reddish oranges and all the rich deep tones of the earth. Cool crisp air, the smell of fireplaces being lit up, warm snuggly sweaters, small creatures scurrying around gathering food for the winter months. I love autumn and always will. Here is hoping that you do too.

No comments: