Saturday, September 15, 2007

My Dad was a Beautiful Man


He had faults like we all do but in my eyes I could have never asked for a better father. He took care of his family, he always kept his promises, he was a good citizen, a hard worker as an engineer on the Union Pacific railroad (only laid off one time when he had the flu in 39 years), he was always ready to listen to you no matter what. He passed away on August 20, 2004 at the ripe old age of 89, he outlived my mother by 34 years and his second wife of 19 years by 7 months. He was active and interested in everything until just before he passed on. He taught me more about life and what to expect from it than any other living person. I can only hope that I leave half that legacy for my son and grandchildren as left for us. Dad, I know you are up there and I got all your messages. I know I will see you again someday. :)

No comments: