Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happy Accidents


I seem to have good luck with my accidents. Some of my best work has been from goof ups. I think the reason is, once I have messed something up I lose my fear of ruining it so therefore my inhibitions are out the window. I might as well see how far I can take this as I have already stepped over the line and what do I have to lose. I learn a lot from my mistakes. I know how far to take something and still make something out of it. I guess that is how a lot of risk takers are towards life. I stay that way with my art but you won't catch me sky diving in the near or distant future. So be a risk taker, do something daring with your art, get messy, add layers, try a new technique and remember it is only paper. The worst thing that can happen is you will have something to throw away. Hint, even my real disaster are cut up and used as backgrounds, borders and mosaics. So all is not ever lost.
Here was my experiment. I started piling dyes on my paper and webbing and stamping. I had no idea of what I was going to end up with but I kept going until I was satisfied. Ta Dah! an old world triptych arch for a swap. Be daring, have fun, let your imagination go wild!

No comments: