Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I am sooooo lagging!



Ok, I have been meaning to add so much more to this blog and I haven't been very motivated to do much of anything. I did manage to avoid the flu this year as my entire family was dropping like flies around me, so I do feel fortunate about that. I also cannot use it as an excuse. I am just in a dry spell, creatively. You might say I have been really lazy, maybe that is my problem. Yeah, I am really lazy and I just don't feel like doin' nuthin'. I will snap out of it soon, I just need my muse to get back and inspire me. I think she has taken another extended vacation. She can be so selfish.
Hey, I can share something with you though. I made this for WorldWin Papers booth at Winter CHA 2008. Yvonne wanted another flower and I had to come up with something a little different that the past flowers. We went through a flood in our basement where my studio WAS, a horrific ice storm, a blizzard, lost our power for three days, numerous plumbers, clean up people, insurance adjustors all the while I was in the middle of this project which was teetering on the edge of the deadline. I did manage to get it done though. I had to cut out leaves by the fireplace with a camper's lamp next to the fireplace during the power outage.
It wasn't as elaborate as I would have liked to have had it but I did get it finished. TaDah!!
The wreath measures 15" across and is made entirely of WorldWin Doublemates paper. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Aparna said...

WOW! This has turned out fantastic!

Donalda said...

Girl your work is as gorgeous as always. So glad to see you post again.

Laura lok said...

GORGEOUS what a great job you did on this

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Eeeeeeeeeee-YAOW!!!!!!!!! These flowers are WONDERFUL, Cindy R!!! I LOVE 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!