Sunday, December 30, 2007

Last post of 2007


This year is toast! It seems like it just started and now it is over already. I think this is a sign of getting older. I can remember as a child, I was always looking forward to tomorrow and time seemed to drag. It dragged when school was letting out for the summer, when school was ready to start in the fall. Christmas seemed to take forever to come around. Kids have a warped sense of time. My mom used to tell me when I started complaining about something taking too long that one of these days I would wonder where that time went. Well, that day has arrived and the days go more quickly everyday I am here on earth. Reality bites! I went from being a member of the youngest generation of our family to being a member of oldest generation in what seems like a blink of an eye. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and a few of my older cousins are all gone now. Our time here is so minuscule and insignificant in the realm of this vast universe. Take a hold of every minute that you are here and live it to the fullest. That is my only New Year's Resolution for 2008. I have felt this way for a long time but the quicker time passes the more important it becomes. I can't make my loved ones see this but I hope they can allow me to lead the way for them to see that life is short and the things that we think are so important aren't really important at all.
OK, enough of my rambling. My first project for the new year is a ME journal that I am doing with a group of artist friends. I am so glad that Tracey made us do this as I really needed the push to get out of my rut. I have had a hellashious month (I will talk about that later!!) and this is a nice treat for me to do this for no one but me.
Well, in case I don't get a chance to do it before midnight on the 31st.........HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

2 comments:

Laura lok said...

wow cindy looks awesome

Donalda said...

That is just gorgeous Cindy!!! I just love it. The colors are just awesome